Tuesday, October 19, 2010

High-Heeled Madness

I’ve never understood why women wear those tall-heeled shoes.  Being 6’, when I put on a pair of high-heels, I look like Amazon Woman.  I’m not kidding, I am taller than over half of the men that I know, which is why I was excited when I finally met my boyfriend who is 7 inches taller than me!  It would now seem acceptable for me to wear 4 inches of brutally painful soles so that I don’t have to be the only woman in the club wearing flats.  The first time I took advantage of this new opportunity in a relationship was when my boyfriend and I went to Vegas.  Ironically enough, we went there for his step-mother’s birthday who turns out to be a supreme diva herself, owning no shoes other than high heels.  This would be my first time meeting his family and I was uncontrollably nervous.  I decided, when we arrived, that I deserved a minor pick-me-up; my first pair of designer high heels.  I found these beautiful black leather four inch Guess stilettos.  When I wore these shoes I felt like a princess, however I did not walk like one.  I bought them and wore them out to dinner that night anyway.  Upon meeting his family, I noticed that in these heels I was almost a foot taller than his step-mom and about 5 inches than his father.  I felt like Amazon Woman, until my boyfriend came back from the bathroom and made me feel normal again.  Typical small talk continued during the duration of dinner and that piece of chocolate cake I just couldn’t turn down.  On the way back to our hotel, the Aria, we decided to stop at the Bellagio and see the eighth wonder of the world; it’s enormous water fountain show.  During the grand finale, my boyfriend picked me up and twirled me around like a princess, then landed me down with an unbelievable amount of effort right on the border of the wall that contains the water.  Typical for my clumsy self, my ankle gave out in the high heels I decided I had to have and I fell face first into the Bellagio fountains.  Everybody looked and clapped and the photographer even got a picture, that my boyfriend uses as blackmail still to this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment