Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog Reviews Week 4

Darien- I really enjoyed your description and interpretation of “Henry Ford Hospital.”  Your description flowed very well and was extremely easy for me to visualize.  I also thought you did a very good job of giving a very detailed and in-depth description.  Your interpretation was well thought out and related to the readings.  You even gave an interpretation for items that seemed ambiguous in the painting (the snail and purple flower.)  Your summary of Dennett’s article was well organized, though I think you could have expanded and elaborated on ideas as  you presented them in the summary.  Also, I know first hand how important it is for people in the field of science to research the history of whatever topic they are experimenting.  I’m glad that you pointed that out!
Justin – I really enjoyed your interpretation of Kahlo’s painting.  I chose the same one and never thought about it as a depiction of the hierarchy of the world.  I can tell that you really thought about how Frida intended to integrate all of the parts of the painting together.  I think that your description, however, could’ve been put together in a more organized fashion.  I felt almost like I was twirling around in my head while I was trying to imagine it, although this could be because I previously analyzed it organized in a different way.  I enjoyed how detailed your description and had things that I missed in the painting pointed out.  J
Waliah - No new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment