Rick – I really enjoyed your ideas and think it is so neat that all of us in our peer group are majoring in Speech & Hearing. I can tell that you really think about conveying your ideas before you write them. From the two of your blogs I have read, I think that your ideas would come across as “stronger” if they were organized in a better fashion. One example of this is from your 9/23 blog “How this would goes against the ideal American family, besides the fact that both would be of the same sex, is they would most likely not have any kids. This isn’t impossible and the ones that do have kids whether it’s through adoption, a previous relationship or some other way, this would go even further from the ideal American family as instead of growing with a mom and dad a child grows up with either two moms or two dads.” I think that this idea can be conveyed in a more precise, organized manner. I also enjoyed how you brought up how increased divorce was a result of the emergence of capitalism. I thought the same thing myself. Also, your statement of how there is “no ideal American family” is so very true. We are so diversified these days, that a portrayal of the “majority” of American families is not even possible. I look forward to spending a few more weeks with you!
Lauren – I enjoyed your writing immensely. From what I have read, it seems like you are very opinionated and have lots of note-worthy ideas. I agree with your statement that technology brought rise to the ability for American citizens to choose to establish a gay identity. The way I see it, technology is a tool that can be used in the formation of an identity. I did wish, however, that you were more detailed in explaining how technological advancements created more people to come out of the closet. I think if you were to take your analysis a step further, your opinions would become clearer. So neat that we are all Speech and Hearing majors! Can’t wait to read more in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment